Today's wedding dress was a lacy treat!
There was lace everywhere!
It was way too tight! That zipper wouldn't zip!
That's my "but look how pretty this lace is" pose! There's a way to make it work - just wait for it.
I started off by adding this to a dye bath of Teal Rit Dye and it turned out this gorgeous shade of green! Now it was time to figure out how to make this fit.
I grabbed my scissors and started trimming! ✂️✂️✂️
I removed the zipper from the back of the dress where those gorg buttons were and then created a new hem at the bottom.
All pinned and ready to stitch in place.
Not too shabby for a dress that didn't fit just a little while ago!
I turned the piece around so the old back that was too small to zip was now the open front of the jacket. Because the bust wasn't very busty 😂 it didn't look too puckered wearing it turned around.
I added a simple black shift dress underneath with a long tassled necklace, black heels and a small vintage black clutch to make this an evening ensemble. Pair it with jeans and a t to give a little chic to a dressed down look.
Again, what a change a little color makes!!
20 days til I do!