I LOVED this pattern - it was awesome but I had a whole tunic vision in my head for this though...
Taking this down the tunic path, I cut the piece right below the round shape in the center.
I wanted there to be a bit of space on each side, so I undid the seam about two inches on each side and pinned and prepped the new hem.
Now these sleeves were strange looking at first. Looking back at the before pic, you can see that the bottom of the sleeves were tacked up. I thought they were stitched like this, but...
...they weren't! They were just safety pinned and connected to the piece below the armpit area. I took that pin out and the sleeves were virtually exactly how I wanted them. To fit this tunic style, I wanted them big and square and it's just what I got.
The neck was the next issue. There was a small shirt divot at the top with some frayed edges. I decided to trim it up a bit.
I cut, then folded under each side and made a V. I went deep with the V so I could pair a white tank underneath, which I've been living in thanks to their insulation capabilities!!
I took the piece to the sewing machine and then stitched everything in place.
My comfy tunic was all ready to go!!
I had to get out of my house not just because I ran out of Progresso's Tomato Bisque soup that I've fallen madly in love with but felt a bit cooped up after being confined in bed the past few days. With my Kleenex in hand...or in purse rather, I went to get some Italian with a fun companion. Got this yummy pizza...
...and got to hang with my mom! Nothing's better than being taken care of by your mama :)
Feeling better for sure but will be popping a Sudafed before I sleep tonight to try to get the last bits of cold outta my system. Leftovers in hand, I left a happy camper!
Miss Caroline, thank you for the pieces - comfy/tunic-y shirts for the past two days was exactly what was needed to help this not so hot feelin' girl be cozy under the weather :)