The shape was fun and flowy...
...but there were dark spots on the top portion that wouldn't come out. (I tried everything from washing to Tide penning, but alas...the spots didn't go anywhere.)
Since the spots weren't going anywhere...
...I had adjust my plans. When things won't move, cover them up!
I went to my stash of rhinestones (thanks to Darice's Big Bag of Bling, I'll be swimming in rhinestones for years!) and pulled out a bunch of different stone shapes to use to cover the spots.
I played around with the stones and came up with a pattern that would hide all the spotty areas. Instead of leaving the stones shiny and clear, I pulled out a mix of nail polishes in shades of blue and green...
...and started painting the stones. Unfortunately I ended up with a ton of polish on my fingers, but it was totally worth it :)
I let the stones dry completely and then started gluing them to the dress. I used Tulip's Crystal Bond that works like wonders to affix gems to fabric.
I glued down my gems and let them dry overnight before wearing my new piece!
I love how this dress turned out! It's like I have a statement necklace attached directly to the dress!
It was the perfect fix to hide the dark spots around the key hole area. Plus it gives the dress an extra bit of flair!!
I was so happy I spun around. And around. And around.
Such an easy fix to make something toss-able, totally wearable. And chic.