You saw this fun jungle-printed muumuu a few weeks back...
...and I crafted it into this ruffled number, which I must say has been a favorite as of late!
There was all of this floral goodness leftover...
...and I finally got around to working it into something new to wear over the supa-dupa hot weekend.
I began by taking my excess material and folding under the raw edges, leaving an inch and a half of space between the new edge and the pins. This space will be utilized in two steps.
I stitched down my new seam...
...and pulled some matching ribbon from my stash. For this project, I went with a pretty green velvet ribbon from may arts.
I'm turning this into a top! I pinned the edge of the ribbon with a safety pin and wound it through the new seam that I created...
...until I got to the other end. My new top was ready to wear after tying the ribbon to secure!
For the first version, I wore the top with the bow in the back.
It's something easily interchangeable, because for another bbq, I wore the tie in the front.
I'm all about versatility and options!
Jeans for one wear, cutoffs for another. I'm going to wear it as a skirt, next go!
I'm obsessed with anything billowy, so this top was something I'd be into if I saw it at the store. As long as the bow is tightly tied, this top isn't going anywhere!
Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend!!