I loved this dress when I first saw it!
There was a sheer embroidered layer on top of a short sleeved dress.
Kind of felt like a 2-in-1 look!
The bottom had a bit of a flapper vibe, but I was all over that sheer top layer!
Into the dye bath this went!!
The bottom layer was held together with a safety pin (I only realized this after I dyed the piece) so it was an easy removal.
I decided to work with the top layer and the first thing I really noticed now that the color was poppin' was the lack of pearl buttons! Because there were SO many missing I thought about the sleeves I cut off from Day 28's dress... They had pearl buttons and they matched the size of the ones on the green piece, so it was an easy choice to do some button repurposing! I removed them from the leftover sleeves...
...and stitched them to the green piece. New buttons, FTW!
When this was all done, I was playing around with different ways to wear it. Today I went with a little waist tying and jeans action.
This was another piece where the embroidery took to the dye SO nicely. It feels brand new!
With a vintage silver clutch and my vintage Candies, this old wedding dress-turned-blouse is ready to go!
Oh and there's the vintage Griffith Observatory in the background too...just adds to the whole look.
I'm 100% in on the adjustments! AND the best part is, is that the top portion of the dress can be worn so many ways...I'm already thinking of alternative options!
27 days til I do!