One month of costume inspiration from our favorite movies and TV shows continues!
Today’s costume comes from:
One of my favorite scenes from 500 Days of Summer was shot at downtown LA’s Bradbury Building and I couldn’t wait to go inside!
Zooey Deschanel played Summer to Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s Tom and the city of LA played the third lead!
I went with Zooey Deschanel’s look from the end of the film, so the key Summer costume pieces that you’ll need include:
1. Beige Trench Coat (Mine is old Anthropologie, but this H&M one is perfect at $25!)
4. Black Briefcase or Purse (mine is thrifted from Goodwill – this is something easily grabable from your accessory pile!)
5. Thick Framed Glasses (super Zooey-esque cheap frames from Amazon)
“I think it’s official. I’m in love with Summer.”
My costume series kicks off today! One month of costume inspiration from our favorite movies and TV shows shot in front of the actual shooting locations! Get ready.
Today’s costume comes from:
Grease’s “Rydell High” was actually the exterior of Venice High School.
Still looks just like it did when the film was shot in 1978…
I loved the transformation of Sandy(Olivia Newton-John) from poodle skirt to Candie’s heels, so we’re recreating her sultry side for the costume!
The key Sandy costume pieces that you’ll need include:
1. Red Lipstick (I wore MAC Dangerous)
2. Mules (I wore my vintage Candie’s, but any slide on heels work!)
4. Leotard (A spandex/nylon one works well)
5. Leggings (shinier, leathery ones will be your best bet)
I really loved the print of this muumuu.
The floral print at the bottom was my favorite part, so I started to think about ways to upcycle this into something wearable!
While wearing the piece and looking at all the seams, I knew exactly how I was going to upcycle this!
Time to get out the seam ripper!
I spent the weekend in Palm Springs with girlfriends, so I felt that this muumuu had to make the trip along with me. When in Palm Springs, you muumuu it, right?
Check back later today to see the full remake, but here’s a little photo booth teaser
My muumuu was a total hit and so were the other vintage flowy pieces I brought along with. The desert wardrobe is coming this week!
Natalie is my kind of girl. Let’s just discuss for a second…
- Refashioning is one of her favorite things to do. (Samesies!)
- One of her first project was making little pillows (Samesies!)
- Thinking outside the box and crafting something old into something new. (Samesies!)
When I saw her project I just knew we were destined to be refashioning pals. See what she created…
I’ve been a fan of your blog for a while now, and I’ve had a love for sewing since my mom taught me to make little pillows with a needle and thread. I’ve since upgraded to a machine, and refashioning thrift store clothing is one of my favorite hobbies. Is it because I’m cheap? Yes. Is it because I like thinking outside the box and recycling something old into something new? Yes.
I found this lovely denim-ish button down dress at a Goodwill in Festus for $2.25.
My friend’s expression explains how we felt about it initially.
Best. Expression. Ever. See what Natalie did to this denim number…