So…the before photo that I thought was taken for this dress was in fact…well…not taken. Apologies, apologies my friends!! Je m’excuse! I did find a virtually identical dress though…
Same ties, same pleats, same length, same arms, but different fabric. Just take the shape/size and pretend these lovely polka dots cover it. Oh, and make sure you include that spot too, because that was one of many that were found on the dress!!
I was ready to turn it into something fab, especially with that pleated skirt!!
It was meant to be, featuring Diane’s remake today. Here’s why…
A – I was talking about Las Vegas with some friends this weekend where the Luxor came up in conversation.
B, I jetted past a Chevron selling $20 Egyptian cotton 800-1200 thread count sheets (yes, at a gas station – anyone else privy to this phenomenon?)
So, as you will shortly see, Diane’s dress was somehow planting these subliminal messages to be used this weekend
I cracked up when I saw this $2.00 Egyptian print dress in the thrift store and after reading your blog I knew that I could make it cute with a few revisions!
See what I mean?!?
I’m such a TV/movie girl that when I saw Maureen’s creation I flipped. I love my Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can’t Lose tee (FNL fans unite!!) and was obsessed with today’s piece just for my love of the movie she referenced. Check it out…
I got this camisole at Target and it even though it wasn’t incredibly cheap it was a worthwhile purchase, especially being someone with VERY few summer clothes. It seemed pretty bland though, just being plain grey and all.
Where’s Maureen going with this??
One of the pieces I was working with yesterday finally got finished up today! My friend Jen handed me a bag of goodies to remake and I’ve finally started work on them, this one being the first!
I’m down with the florals, but I’m not so down with the random pocket on the left side, and the extra material turned into a flappy skirt sewn down on top of the main layer of fabric. I was playing with this layer, because it was made to look like a little wrap skirt on top of the dress, however it didn’t really work in my book.
Time to seam rip and cut lots of fabric!!
I thought I was SO productive today despite the heat in my apartment which was above and beyond today!! The stand up fans were on full blast.
I began work on some garage sale pictures and frames I scored this weekend…
I started getting this nightgown ready to be worn during the day…
…and I began a little dye test to see how these would work on the piece to the left!
I also began some hand stitching on another garment but by the end of the day the dyed pieces were still wet and the paint had not dried. Productive, yes! Final products…well, not yet!
This is all just prep for the next few projects…lots of NEW colors to come! Update comes this afternoon!!