My month of DIY costumes shot in front of the actual shooting locations continues!! Day 16 is here and it's from a film that is a classic in my book. Today’s costume comes from:
I want to be Uma Thurman.
A quick trip over to Pasadena to find the house that Vivica A Fox (Vernita Green) lived in...
...was the ultimate backdrop for my costume!
I just didn't try to meet the real owners and incite a fight...
To complete the entire "Bride" costume from Kill Bill, here are the main elements you'll need::
1. The comfy white hoodie/pants combo (This one was Alternative Apparel and dyed yellow!)
2. Dye! (Yellow RIT all the way!)
3. Fabric Glue (Aleene's Flexible Stretchable is the way to go!)
4. Ribbon (Easiest way to get those black stripes!)
5. Sword (Here's an exact replica! I borrowed one from a friend who keeps it on his wall!)
I grabbed my sword and got into place.
I can be the entire neighborhood watch!
I added a bit of red dye to the hoodie for some extra character :)
Who knew I'd be so comfortable with this sword??
You don't mess with Uma. You don't mess with me.
Sixteen looks down, 15 to go!
Kill Bill (Miramax, dir. Quentin Tarantino)
Location: 5506 Atlas St., Los Angeles, CA