My month of DIY costumes shot in front of the actual shooting locations continues!! Day 7 is here and it's from one of my favorite guilty pleasure movies. Today’s costume comes from:
The final scene from this film was shot at the All Saints Church in Pasadena...
...so it had to be one of this month's remakes! Sarah Michelle Gellar as Kathryn is my costume inspiration.
The key Sarah Michelle Gellar costume pieces that you’ll need, include:
1. White Blouse (Straight from my closet leftover from my serving days!)
2. Cross (I used one from my collection but there are lots of Cruel Intentions fan sites that sell her exact one. Mine doesn't carry anything inside it though...)
3. Brown Wig (c/o Party City)
4. Plaid Skirt (This was a Goodwill, vintage Express find! Check out uniform supply stores too!)
5. Black Cardigan (From my collection, but this is another easy find, whether you hit H&M or Salvation Army.)
I featured one of my favorite quotes from the movie to tease today’s post on Instagram…
Using those five costume elements, my DIY Kathryn costume came together quite nicely!
The collared shirt is key, so any sort of sweater or cardigan that you can add on top of it works like a charm! Throw on a patch as well to really give it the private school look.
The final scene of the movie is my favorite! Kathryn gets a little taste of her own medicine...
...and gets served by Selma Blair's character.
Sarah Michelle Gellar walks on one of the same sets of stairs...
...that I'm walking on below!
Tsk tsk tsk, SMG.
This is one of the perfect "last-minute costumes" that you can put together with things that you probably own already!
Just grab a gent to be your Ryan Phillippe or a gal pal to rock Reese Witherspoon or both for the perfect trifecta of Cruel Intentions awesomeness!
Seven looks down, 24 to go!
Cruel Intentions (released by Columbia Pictures., dir: Roger Kumble)
Location: All Saints Church, 132 N. Euclid Ave., Pasadena, CA