...and gave me plenty of ideas of what you thought I might turn it into!
There's absolutely no way of flashing anyone wearing this!!
The key factor to this dress was the layered top!
I had an idea of what I wanted to create...
...but loved hearing what you had to say! From cap sleeves and dye to strapless and shortened, you had some fabulous ideas. Want to see what it looks like now??
I started by removing the shirt portion of the dress. It was a whole other layer on top of the dress that I cut off!
That shirt portion will be used again very soon, but today I was focusing on the bottom layer. I played around with the top of the new dress a bit and created a triangular shape with it, pinning under the raw edging.
I stitched this shape in place...
...and then moved on to adding some trim to the edge. I used this gorg May Arts velvet ribbon as my trim and pinned it on top of the new seam that I just created at the top of the dress.
I stitched my trim in place...
...and then moved onto the straps! Using a long piece of elastic, I folded it in half and pinned this portion to the point created at the top of the dress.
Next, I pinned each individual piece of elastic to the back of the dress after measuring the exact amount to fit me.
After measuring, I hand stitched all the elastic in place to secure.
From vintage "mother of the groom" dress that Lauren called out yesterday in the comments, to a new and summery look incorporating more colors into the mix!
It really is so comfortable for being 100% polyester!
I just love the top of the dress now - this new shape gives it a whole new look!
To tie in more of the green color, I belted another piece of the ribbon at my waist.
I sunscreened up and had my dress to kick off the week!
I loved hearing all the comments of what you think would work best!! I'll have to keep that up and check in with you guys before I post.
So fun to hear your creative ideas!