This dress had torn on the seam and needed a bit of repair along with some additional clasps!
That one snap isn't going to keep this puppy together.
Time to make this party ready!
I began by removing the random leftover hook and eye clasp...
...restitched the opening I made, stitched over a few spots at the waist that were a bit loose, and finally got to the tear in the side seam where the dress opened up. I stitched it closed about five inches.
Because of the scattered nature and lack of closures on this piece, I went to my vintage stash of snap fasteners and hook & eyes...
...and stitched a few more snaps to the skirt, above where the one straggler was located.
A new set of hook and eyes needed to be added to the waist, because the one eye that was there already wasn't going to do the trick to keep this waist together. I stitched three pairs in a vertical strip, just like a bra, to keep the skirt shut.
Post all my minor tweaks, my new skirt actually felt like new!
I think I truly have a thing for full skirts. There is nothing like the way these kinds of skirts swish and move when you walk...
...not to mention the stellar spinning capabilities!
Top: Banana Republic //Purse: Vintage // Shoes: BCBG // Sunnies: Urban Outfitters
With just a few stitches, this skirt is rocking! It works with the silk top that I paired it with for a dressier look, but could also be fab with just a casual tank or tee. Oh the variety...
Happy Monday, friends!