This floral wonder was one of the many extra pieces that I got for the book, but didn't end up using. You're getting a little taste of hair/makeup ready Marisa from the 'before' shoot that went down close to a year ago!!
The print ruled (!!) but the yellowing under the sleeves wasn't so hot.
I wanted to give this dress a shot, because sans the yellowing, it's going to be swingy, summery, and super cute!
The issue at hand was immediately going to be handled with the removal of the sleeves!
I took off each one using a seam ripper, and then used it to remove the shoulder pad that was hanging by a thread. I know, it was a tough moment for that shoulder pad...it had been a part of this dress for over 20 years and had grown really comfortable hanging out with the sleeve. Unfortunately I just had to let it go. I delivered a Donald Trump hand/point gesture and said, 'you're fired'...
...before cutting it loose.
I pinned under the raw edges of the sleeves and took in the body about an inch and a half on each side. This taking in and folding the raw edges hid the yellowed material, making it look clean and neat!
I stitched everything down and had myself a new blue floral dress!
I decided to bring a little color into this, so I paired the dress with a red camisole and opened the top few buttons. I grabbed a vintage floral belt with hints of red, purple, green to cinch the waist!
Oh, and I also paired this with my vintage navy Candie's mules.
I loved the flowy, swishy, pleated skirt and had fun sashay-ing around the city in it!
The colors were fun and it was something that also matched my already-red nails.
I think I might just do a coat change tomorrow...I'm kind of enjoying this matching polish thing I just started today, on accident :)